It’s been a year since the official kick-off meeting in Prague last year of the PharmaLedger project, and exciting things are
planned for the second year.
It was truly a challenging year, with all activities being moved online, from technical meetings to focus groups to
dissemination webinars. Here are the most important milestones (past and future).
What happened in 2020
- Design and project foundation successfully created
- Basic structure of the PharmaLedger trusted blockchain-based open-source platform organized
- Eight use cases defined
Things to look forward in 2021
- Adding a stronger focus on two areas to further build trust and transparency: patient engagement and technology education
- Moving towards the implementation of the open-source platform
- Use cases lined up for implementation (first MVPs expected by June 2021)
PharmaLedger has eight use cases in total covering supply chains, clinical trials and health data. PharmaLedger is a three-year
project sponsored by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) and
European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (efpia) that
brings together a consortium made up of 29 partners who
are working together to build a trusted platform using blockchain technology and in addition create many healthcare applications.
RomSoft is a partner in the PharmaLedger research consortium and, alongside Novartis, technical coordinator of the PharmaLedger
You can read more about this here.